Wednesday 9 September 2009


Trapped




  • Remember the time when I was doing a night shift, and you were all in bed, and dad went out into the porch, which was also the home for our little black and white kittens?
  • And, remember that dad was doing some kind of work around the house and was putting his tools away and the porch door closed?
  • And, remember how there is no way to open that door without a key. And, remember how he did not have a key. And, so he decided to shout "HELP!!!" in a really loud voice but no one heard him.
  • And, remember how the kittens were jumping all over his back, and he was lying down trying to shout under the gap in the door, and no one was hearing him. And then he found a mouth organ.
  • And, remember how he was blowing and blowing and blowing the mouth organ, and the kittens were biting and scratching him, and he was sneezing because he is allergic to cats?
  • And, remember how he was blowing that harmonica and banging on the door and shouting for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time and was just about to give up because he was getting dizzy.
  • And, remember how you, Emilie, came down the stairs, and in a little girl sleepy way, and opened the porch door, and looked at dad like he had lost his mind.
  • And remember how you put your little hands on your little hips and said to him in a puzzled voice, "Daddy, what are you doing?"

4 comments:

  1. And remember how Evan and I are both heavy sleepers and knew nothing of this until the next day! Poor dad. And poor cats.

    I was thinking about that porch the other day when I was alone in the house ironing my work shirt and suddenly realised that if I got stuck in there I would have no way of getting out until late that night and no way of letting my work know I couldn't come and so I would probably get fired. I got out quick, not caring that one of my sleeves was still crumpled.

    So I think we need to think of something to make the porch more safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing would be to put a key in there...another thing would be to put a stopper at the door...another thing would be to put a flare gun.

    How about any of them?

    YLM

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flare gun would work seeing as how we already have a hole in the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  4. chuckling! cause I can see it all in my minds eye!

    ReplyDelete